Should this information be located with helpful information instead of "Getting Started." Maybe this page should be apart how to start the foster/adopt process.
What do you need to do within 24 hours of placement?
What do you need to do within 14 days of placement?
- Fire drill with escape routes (At the bottom of the page you'll find a downloadable form that can help you create a home escape plan)
- Tornado drill
- Grievance procedure
- Tour of home
- Foster child's rights
- Make sure you give a copy of this printout to the foster child.
- Rules of home, such as:
- No hitting, pushing, or otherwise placing hands on any person in the house whether joking or not
- No bad language
- No music with bad language.
- No playing with fire, matches, lighters
- No playing with knives
- No alchohol, drugs, cigarettes, tobacco, etc.
- Must knock on all closed doors prior to entering
- Cannot lock your bedroom dorr
- When is bedtime
- No children of the opposite sex in the same bedroom
What do you need to do within 8 weeks of placement?
What do you need to do monthly? (submit to your caseworker by the 10th of the month following month end
- Doctor visit within 14 days
- Inventory children's clothes and possessions. Remember, the items brought into the house belong to the child and when the child leaves he/she takes those items.
- Monthly reports that highlights the previous month
- Monthly medication log