May 3rd, 2014 from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Love the people of our city, ignite love as the norm, and change our world.
Every first Saturday of the month we join together and serve our city. There are five serving opportunities to get involved with organizations and ministries New Life supports.
1. Springs Rescue Mission (SRM)
- SRM has been helping to make a real difference in the lives of homeless, poor and struggling families by providing critically needed food, clothing, household supplies and services. With this serving opportunity we will be helping at the shelter by sorting clothing, organizing the warehouse and sprucing up their facilities so that the SRM staff can focus more on the families in need.
2. Interfaith Hospitality Network (IHN)
- IHN brings the faith community together to help families in homeless situation by offering food and shelter in local faith congregations. With this serving opportunity we will be working at the Day Center by cleaning, landscaping, painting and helping to make it a clean and dignified place for these families.
3. Queen Palmer Elementary School
- 90% of the children who attend this school come from both single parent families and are in government-assisted breakfast and lunch programs. With this serving opportunity we will be landscaping, raking leaves, cleaning, and painting chalkboards.
4. Dream Centers of Colorado Springs - Mary's Home
Mary's Home offers a home for homeless single mothers and their children to rebuild their dreams. With this serving opportunity, we will be partnering with Centro Familiar Nueva Viva to deliver food and prayer around Mary's Home neighborhood.
5. Deliver a Meal to an Adoptive or Foster Family
- Many families have answered the call to care for the orphan, and it's not an easy journey. We want to show these families our support and help relieving some of the burdens to these foster and adoptive families. With this serving opportunity, we will be preparing, delivering and potentially sharing a meal with an adoptive or foster family. This can be flexible in its time and date.
This simple, one-time saturday Serve the City days are a great way to love your people.
or for more information, please contact Ace at email@example.com